Customer Service/Sales Operative – Leyland – £17k –£22k
My client is a privately owned forward-thinking freight forwarder. They have experienced considerable growth over the last few years and are looking to further this growth by the appointment of a Customer Service/Sales Operative to work in their Transport team.
For the successful candidate, this is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced office environment. You will become an integral part of this growing company and progression is on offer for the successful candidate.
The hours for this position are 8.5 hours a day (30 min lunch included) between 07:30 and 18:00 on a rota. Weekend on call duties from home, 1 out of every 8 weeks after training, monitoring emails and texts, responding to requests for quotes, liaising with clients and suppliers, booking transport and updating in-house transport systems. (Mobile phone and laptop supplied).
Salary for this position is between £17k and £22k dependant on experience.
Customer Service/Sales Operative responsibilities:
· Conversing with customers regarding their transport orders
· Dealing with European transport suppliers, sub-contractors and drivers to ensure the on-time collection and delivery of goods
· Updating transport database
· Liaising with internal Customer Service/Sales team and Management
· Responding to client requests for quotes and booking transport as and when required as backup to the main Sales team
· Ensure the correct freight is collected and delivered within agreed times
· You will liaise with transport providers and their drivers to receive regular updates for on-going freight movements throughout Europe
· You will continually check all freight is on schedule by using phone, email and messaging apps as well as GPS trackers to monitor vehicle locations and estimated collection/delivery times while also pro-actively checking road-traffic and ferry crossing conditions to anticipate delays
· Liaising with internal team members to ensure full understanding of consignment requirements
· Checking that details such as loaded quantities, weights and part numbers match customer orders and resolving any discrepancies by liaising between Customers, Suppliers and Shippers
· Responding to any customer order changes to ongoing jobs by liaising with Customers and suppliers and updating IT systems accordingly.
· Maintaining Supplier and shipper details within the database
· Using your Customer Service skills to build and maintain relationships with new and existing clients, by telephone and email. Understanding individual Client’s requirements for transit updates and effecting such updates.
Operations Executive Skills required:
· Excellent telephone manner
· Excellent negotiation skills with both clients and suppliers
· Meticulous attention to detail in gathering correct and accurate information
· Drive, an inquisitive nature and tenacious attitude are essential
· Ability to work under pressure, prioritise your workload and understand when to escalate to management
· Experience of and proficiency with web-based browsers, business networking sites, social media and Microsoft office
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply now for immediate consideration.